28 September, 2016
Spiced green lentil ragoût
Posted in : Non veg on by : atulkhl
COOK : 35 mins Nh?t | DIFFICULTY: EASY | SERVER: 6
Make the most of lentils with this idea for a spicy, comforting side dishWatch Brothers (2015) Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large red onion
- (450g/1lb) finely diced
- 3 garlic clove, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 mild red chilli, cheap jerseys seeded and finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 whole star la anise
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed (retaining the black seeds inside)
- 250g Puy lentil, rinsed
- about 700ml/1¼ pints hot chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 large tomato
- a large handful Gelangt of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- a large handful of fresh parsley leaves, cheap mlb jerseys chopped
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy saucepan or cast-iron casserole wholesale nba jerseys set over a low to medium heat. Tip in the onions, garlic and chilli and stir well. Gently cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and very lightly coloured.
- Stir all the spices into the onion mixture and gently fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the lentils and stock, then bring to the boil, uncovered, over a raised heat. Reduce to a steady simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, adding a generous pinch of sea salt halfway through look at this now.
- Meanwhile, put the tomato into a mug or heatproof pueden bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for 1 minute. Run under cold water, then strip off the skin. Halve the tomato, flick out the seeds, then chop the flesh into a rough mush and set aside.
- When the lentils are just tender but the consistency of the mixture is still sloppy and juicy (add more stock or water if necessary), remove the pan Root from the heat and fish out as many of the spices as possible. Season Chicken with black pepper, check to see if more salt is needed, then stir in the tomato and the herbs.